• News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Menu
  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Home News

Detectives in Ondo arrest alleged killer of policeman, aides to monarch, 9 months after

Omotayo Daranjo by Omotayo Daranjo
August 22, 2022
in News
0
Detectives in Ondo arrest alleged killer of policeman, aides to monarch, 9 months after
0
SHARES
29
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Nine months after the killing of a policeman and two aides to a traditional ruler in Ondo State, the Olu of Igbokoda, Oba Odidiomo Afolabi, detectives have apprehended their suspected killers.

The suspects, Mayowa Iledun and Akinwumi Ebifemi (a.k.a Espanyol) reportedly killed the policeman in November last year and the two aides to the monarch, Ephraim Abayomi  and Agbadeloye Idowu in December. They also attempted to take the life of the traditional ruler.

READ ALSO

South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes

NIPOST: Nigerians to pay $80 custom duty for shipments to US effective August 29 

A reliable police source said in Akure that the monarch and the two victims were shot at by the two suspects at Okoga in the Igbokoda area of the state.

Oba Odidiomo and his aides were shot at when they visited the Okoga in the company of his vigilante group to remove speed breakers used on the road to dispose travellers and other road users of their belongings by the suspects and their gang members.

“While they were there, the duo of Mayowa Iledun and Akinwumi Ebifemi (a.k.a Espanyol) with others who are currently at large emerged and started shooting sporadically and eventually shot Ephraim Abayomi and Agbadeloye Idowu dead at the scene.

Vanguard gathered that the suspects were equally involved in several other similar cases in the community.

Confirming the incident, the state police image maker, Funmi Odunlami, said the two suspects and eight others were involved in the attempted murder of the monarch, killing of his aides and a policeman.

Odunlami  said: “During an investigation, it was discovered that the two suspects were involved in several cases bothering on similar offences in which one Iwatan Bamidele and seven others had earlier been arrested and charged to court for murder and conspiracy, which includes the killing of a Policeman on November 18, 2021.”

Related Posts

South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes
News

South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes

August 29, 2025
NIPOST: Nigerians to pay $80 custom duty for shipments to US effective August 29 
News

NIPOST: Nigerians to pay $80 custom duty for shipments to US effective August 29 

August 29, 2025
You Don’t Have Powers To Suspend LG Chairmen – AGF Fagbemi Warns Governor Okpebholo
News

You Don’t Have Powers To Suspend LG Chairmen – AGF Fagbemi Warns Governor Okpebholo

August 29, 2025
Jonathan has not pulled out of 2027 presidential race – Cousin, Azibaola
News

Jonathan has not pulled out of 2027 presidential race – Cousin, Azibaola

August 29, 2025
Warri Crisis: Senator Dafinone Calls For Calm, Urges Peaceful Resolution
News

Warri Crisis: Senator Dafinone Calls For Calm, Urges Peaceful Resolution

August 26, 2025
Abaribe Rebuts Ichita’s Allegations, Lists Bills, Projects, Democratic Struggles
News

Abaribe Rebuts Ichita’s Allegations, Lists Bills, Projects, Democratic Struggles

August 22, 2025
Next Post
‘It was like a horror movie, only much worse’: Range Rover passenger was ‘thrown out of the vehicle in mid-air and collided with a parked Tesla’ in horror crash which took her life and saw the 4×4 tumble onto Park Royal railway track, witness reveals

'It was like a horror movie, only much worse': Range Rover passenger was 'thrown out of the vehicle in mid-air and collided with a parked Tesla' in horror crash which took her life and saw the 4x4 tumble onto Park Royal railway track, witness reveals

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The Trumpet International Magazine is a real-time and comprehensive news magazine. It is an independent, national news provider for Africans, reporting daily developments and events in South Africa and other African Countries and their Citizens based in South Africa.

Categories

  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Menu
  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts

Recent Post

South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes

NIPOST: Nigerians to pay $80 custom duty for shipments to US effective August 29 

You Don’t Have Powers To Suspend LG Chairmen – AGF Fagbemi Warns Governor Okpebholo

Jonathan has not pulled out of 2027 presidential race – Cousin, Azibaola

Warri Crisis: Senator Dafinone Calls For Calm, Urges Peaceful Resolution

News
Omotayo Daranjo
South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes

Authorities in the City of Tshwane have begun

Read More »

Trumpet Magazine | © 2021.

Facebook Twitter Youtube Linkedin Instagram

Add New Playlist