• News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Menu
  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Home News

Prevail On Ataoja To Release My Daughter, US-Based Prof. Begs Court, Seeks OSHA Intervention

Omotayo Daranjo by Omotayo Daranjo
April 27, 2023
in News
0
Prevail On Ataoja To Release My Daughter, US-Based Prof. Begs Court, Seeks OSHA Intervention
0
SHARES
55
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

A US-based Professor, Adekunle Oloki, has urged the Ataoja in council, Osun State House of Assembly, and Osun State government to intervene in the paternity issues of his daughter in the custody of Ataoja of Osogboland.

Oloki had approached the District Customary Court, Erin-Osun, Osun State, seeking an order from the court, directing her former wife, Kafayat Oyetunji, to give him access to his daughter.

READ ALSO

South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes

NIPOST: Nigerians to pay $80 custom duty for shipments to US effective August 29 

Oloki dragged ex-wife Olori Kafayat Adedoyin Adetunji who is now married to the Ataoja of Osogboland, Oba Jimoh Olanipekun, before an Erin-Osun Customary Court.

He alleged that his daughter’s name had been changed from Nadirah Lawal-Oloki to Oyetunji, the name of her new husband and had refused to let him have contact with his daughter since she took her to the palace.

When the case was called for hearing on Wednesday, the Counsel to the defendant, S. B. Ajibade told the court that he cannot continue with the hearing of the case on security grounds.

According to the Counsel, “My Lord, I urge this honorable court to move this case to the state capital for security reasons, as you can see the plaintiff stormed the court with security personnel and pressmen, and for this reason, I wouldn’t want to continue with the hearing.

“We are not safe and we can not go on again except if only the two parties be allowed to stay in court while the press and security personnel stay away.

“We are in a state of apprehension I pray the court to consider my application.

The plaintiff’s counsel, Asafa Olare who did not object to the application of the Defence Counsel said she believes in whatever the court says.

The president of the court, K.B Adeyinka having heard from both parties said it is not in his discretion to transfer the case to Osogbo adding that he will contact the president of the judicial and follow whatever he says.

He thereafter adjourned the case till June 21, 2023, For a hearing.

Briefing the court after the ruling, Prof Oloki lamented that the Ataoja’s wife has denied him access to his daughter for the past eight years.

He said he brought the security personnel to court because of his safety adding that the president of the court ought to have ignored the application of the defense counsel base on the fact that he (Oloki) is not a resident of Nigeria.

Related Posts

South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes
News

South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes

August 29, 2025
NIPOST: Nigerians to pay $80 custom duty for shipments to US effective August 29 
News

NIPOST: Nigerians to pay $80 custom duty for shipments to US effective August 29 

August 29, 2025
You Don’t Have Powers To Suspend LG Chairmen – AGF Fagbemi Warns Governor Okpebholo
News

You Don’t Have Powers To Suspend LG Chairmen – AGF Fagbemi Warns Governor Okpebholo

August 29, 2025
Jonathan has not pulled out of 2027 presidential race – Cousin, Azibaola
News

Jonathan has not pulled out of 2027 presidential race – Cousin, Azibaola

August 29, 2025
Warri Crisis: Senator Dafinone Calls For Calm, Urges Peaceful Resolution
News

Warri Crisis: Senator Dafinone Calls For Calm, Urges Peaceful Resolution

August 26, 2025
Abaribe Rebuts Ichita’s Allegations, Lists Bills, Projects, Democratic Struggles
News

Abaribe Rebuts Ichita’s Allegations, Lists Bills, Projects, Democratic Struggles

August 22, 2025
Next Post
Tiwa Savage: Police arraign four over alleged threat to Afrobeat star’s life

Tiwa Savage: Police arraign four over alleged threat to Afrobeat star’s life

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The Trumpet International Magazine is a real-time and comprehensive news magazine. It is an independent, national news provider for Africans, reporting daily developments and events in South Africa and other African Countries and their Citizens based in South Africa.

Categories

  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Menu
  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts

Recent Post

South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes

NIPOST: Nigerians to pay $80 custom duty for shipments to US effective August 29 

You Don’t Have Powers To Suspend LG Chairmen – AGF Fagbemi Warns Governor Okpebholo

Jonathan has not pulled out of 2027 presidential race – Cousin, Azibaola

Warri Crisis: Senator Dafinone Calls For Calm, Urges Peaceful Resolution

News
Omotayo Daranjo
South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes

Authorities in the City of Tshwane have begun

Read More »

Trumpet Magazine | © 2021.

Facebook Twitter Youtube Linkedin Instagram

Add New Playlist