• News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Menu
  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Home News

MC Oluomo’s Alleged Bid to Become Oba of Oshodi Rejected

Omotayo Daranjo by Omotayo Daranjo
December 31, 2021
in News
0
0
SHARES
30
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

READ ALSO

No more discord with Fubara – Nyesom Wike says after President Tinubu’s recent intervention

US To Deport Invictus Obi And 17 More Nigerians On Criminal List

The alleged move by the Chairman of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW), Musiliu Akinsanya, to become the ‘Oba of Oshodi’ has elicited a flurry of reactions.

His eligibility to the throne has become a subject of discussion on various social media platforms.

A trending image of MC Oluomo in royal regalia seen by The Nation shared last month also stirred the controversy.

Trending image of MC Oluomo in royal regalia
 

He recently became an honorary member of the Institute of Corporate Public Sector Professionals (ICPSP).

A photo of the book cover with the title in his name “My Service to Humanity: A Life Changing Experience” surfaced online.

Read Also: Ijebu Igbo to get monarch 27 years after

The royal family of Olushi Onigbesa has appealed to Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu to stop MC Oluomo from becoming king.

The head of the royal family, Kabiru Eyantan, said in a statement that if urgent action is not taken, it “may cause bloodshed” in Oshodi community.

“The attention of the Olushi Onigbesa royal family of Oshodi Awori Kingdom has been drawn to the picture of Alhaji Musiliu Ayinde Akinsanya, aka MC Oluomo, chairman, NURTW in Lagos state, circulated on numerous social media platforms where he was dressed in traditional kingly attire intended for an Oba in Yorubaland,” Eyantan said.

“Our attention has also been drawn to the trending videos and news in social and conventional media with reference to the message delivered by a first-class Oba in Ikorodu division at the coronation anniversary of Oniba of Iba Kingdom in Iba Town, Ikeja division on the issue of intended aspiration of Akinsanya to become Oba of Oshodi.

“We plead with the Lagos state government to avert communal crisis, breakdown of law and order and bloodshed in Oshodi community, if urgent action is not taken by our proactive and peace-loving governor, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, to stop MC Oluomo from soliciting to become the Oba of Oshodi or laying claim to the Obaship stool.

“To put the record straight, we state that the tribunal of inquiry into chieftaincy matters in respect of the upgrading Baale of Oshodi to first-class Obaship status was set up by Lagos state government and lasted between January 2003 and December 2008 and the tribunal recommended that the Olushi Onigbesa royal family of Oshodi land is the only family eligible and entitled to the stool of the Oba of Oshodi.

“Alhaji Akinsanya is not a member of the Olushi Onigbesa royal family in Oshodi land and has no right to be the Oba of Oshodi stool and therefore is not eligible to aspire or to be appointed to the stool of Oba of Oshodi.”

Although, MC Oluomo is yet to officially react as of the time of report, it was learnt that the media would be briefed over the issue on Sunday.

Tags: MC oluomo

Related Posts

No more discord with Fubara – Nyesom Wike says after President Tinubu’s recent intervention
News

No more discord with Fubara – Nyesom Wike says after President Tinubu’s recent intervention

February 11, 2026
US To Deport Invictus Obi And 17 More Nigerians On Criminal List
News

US To Deport Invictus Obi And 17 More Nigerians On Criminal List

February 11, 2026
2026 Budget Defence: Senate Applauds Health Ministry’s Wide-Ranging Performance
News

2026 Budget Defence: Senate Applauds Health Ministry’s Wide-Ranging Performance

February 7, 2026
“Do you pay tax? Yet you want world-class health care” – Reno Omokri addresses Nigerians who blame government for every tragedy
News

“Do you pay tax? Yet you want world-class health care” – Reno Omokri addresses Nigerians who blame government for every tragedy

February 5, 2026
You can’t be a judge in your own case, Presidency told
News

2027: Serving, former LG councillors to mobilize Nigerians for Tinubu’s second term

February 5, 2026
Epstein wanted to trade in Nigeria’s crude oil, but feared being defrauded
News

Epstein wanted to trade in Nigeria’s crude oil, but feared being defrauded

February 5, 2026
Next Post

‘I’m Not at War with Buhari’ Sunday Igboho Releases New Year Message

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The Trumpet International Magazine is a real-time and comprehensive news magazine. It is an independent, national news provider for Africans, reporting daily developments and events in South Africa and other African Countries and their Citizens based in South Africa.

Categories

  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Menu
  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts

Recent Post

No more discord with Fubara – Nyesom Wike says after President Tinubu’s recent intervention

Man.United icon Rio Ferdinand reveals he is using wheelchair due to back injuries from his football career

US To Deport Invictus Obi And 17 More Nigerians On Criminal List

Former ADC national woman leader, Kayauta Yakubu, officialy received in APC

2026 Budget Defence: Senate Applauds Health Ministry’s Wide-Ranging Performance

News
Omotayo Daranjo
No more discord with Fubara – Nyesom Wike says after President Tinubu’s recent intervention

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT),

Read More »

Trumpet Magazine | © 2021.

Facebook Twitter Youtube Linkedin Instagram

Add New Playlist