• News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Menu
  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Home Politics

INEC disowns purported final list of candidates

Adedipupo Osinloye by Adedipupo Osinloye
January 10, 2023
in Politics
0
INEC disowns purported final list of candidates
0
SHARES
20
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has distanced itself from a purported final list of candidates for the 2023 general elections,  purpotedly  released on Sunday.

The commission in a statement by its National Commissioner and Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee, Mr Festus Okoye in Abuja on Monday, said INEC did not release any list on Sunday.

READ ALSO

ADC: Ex-Gov Imoke, Sen. Bassey, others no longer our members – Cross River PDP fumes

LP Caretaker Committee Calls For Arraignment Of Abure, Others

“The attention of the commission has been drawn to reports widely circulated by a section of the media today, Monday Jan. 9,  that the final list of candidates was released on our website on Sunday Jan. 8.

“The commission wishes to state categorically that no new publication of the final list of candidates was released as reported. The public should therefore discountenance the story.’’

Okoye said that for the record, the final list of candidates for the 2023 general elections was published at least, 150 days before the day of election in compliance with the provision of Sec. 32(1) of the Electoral Act 2022.

“Accordingly, the final list for presidential and national assembly elections was published on Sept. 20, 2022 while that of governorship and state assembly elections was published two weeks later on Oct. 4, 2022.

“These are clearly indicated as item eight  on the Timetable and Schedule of Activities for the 2023 General Elections released by the commission on Feb. 26, 2022.’’

Okoye said there could not be a final list of candidates with just 46 days to the general elections,  except for names published as substitutions for candidates nominated earlier in compliance with Court Order.

“Moreover, some of the candidates that allegedly made the new “final” list are still in court and the matter is therefore,  subjudice.

“Political parties, litigants and the public should be guided accordingly,’’ Okoye said. (NAN)

Related Posts

ADC: Ex-Gov Imoke, Sen. Bassey, others no longer our members – Cross River PDP fumes
Politics

ADC: Ex-Gov Imoke, Sen. Bassey, others no longer our members – Cross River PDP fumes

August 1, 2025
Appeal court affirms Julius Abure, LP’s National Chairman
Politics

LP Caretaker Committee Calls For Arraignment Of Abure, Others

March 25, 2025
Jandor Won’t Walk Lagos Streets If I Take Him On, Says Bode George
Politics

Jandor Won’t Walk Lagos Streets If I Take Him On, Says Bode George

March 12, 2025
Why I stepped down as Lagos Speaker – Full text of Meranda’s resignation speech
Politics

Why I stepped down as Lagos Speaker – Full text of Meranda’s resignation speech

March 4, 2025
Why we impeached Obasa – Lagos lawmakers
Politics

Why we impeached Obasa – Lagos lawmakers

January 14, 2025
LP Crisis: I Forgive Those Who Assassinated My Character – Abure Says After He Was Reinstated
Politics

LP Crisis: I Forgive Those Who Assassinated My Character – Abure Says After He Was Reinstated

October 8, 2024
Next Post
Tinubu, ‘Jagaban of Borgu’ can be trusted — Buhari tells Adamawa electorate

Tinubu, ‘Jagaban of Borgu’ can be trusted — Buhari tells Adamawa electorate

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The Trumpet International Magazine is a real-time and comprehensive news magazine. It is an independent, national news provider for Africans, reporting daily developments and events in South Africa and other African Countries and their Citizens based in South Africa.

Categories

  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Menu
  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts

Recent Post

South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes

NIPOST: Nigerians to pay $80 custom duty for shipments to US effective August 29 

You Don’t Have Powers To Suspend LG Chairmen – AGF Fagbemi Warns Governor Okpebholo

Jonathan has not pulled out of 2027 presidential race – Cousin, Azibaola

Warri Crisis: Senator Dafinone Calls For Calm, Urges Peaceful Resolution

News
Omotayo Daranjo
South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes

Authorities in the City of Tshwane have begun

Read More »

Trumpet Magazine | © 2021.

Facebook Twitter Youtube Linkedin Instagram

Add New Playlist