• News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Menu
  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Home News

Face-Off Between Modupe Alakija and Ikoyi Club member ‘He Videotaped Me For Taking Off My Mask’

Omotayo Daranjo by Omotayo Daranjo
December 23, 2021
in News
0
0
SHARES
38
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

READ ALSO

South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes

NIPOST: Nigerians to pay $80 custom duty for shipments to US effective August 29 

A pre-action notice has shed some light on the nature of the face-off between Modupe Alakija and a member of Ikoyi Club 1938 who has now bee…

A pre-action notice has shed some light on the nature of the face-off between Modupe Alakija and a member of Ikoyi Club 1938 who has now been identified as Ashish Gajja.

 

Modupe, the lawyer, is the husband of Folorunsho Alakija, the billionaire businesswoman extolled as Africa’s richest woman.

The legal practitioner was handed a one-year suspension at the club for allegedly assaulting Gajja.

 

In a circular, Ikoyi Club said the suspension would run from December 2021 to November 2022.

 

However, in a response filed by Modupe, the lawyer detailed the nature of the face-off that caused the altercation.

 

He claimed that Gajja had “rudely and crudely” reprimanded him for momentarily removing his face mask.

 

“Evidence had been given to the committee that I came into the premises of the Club with my police escort. The police escort was in my car, came out to open the door of my car in front of the clubhouse, and drove away,” he said.

 

 “On entering the clubhouse, I observed all the protocols including the wearing of a mask.

 

“There was a friendly discussion between the protocol staff and I on whether an officer duly empowered and armed under an extant law of the national assembly could be stopped from entering any premises in Nigeria.

 

“…except certain parts of airports and airplanes. My mask was taken off while having the debate with the protocol staff. All these took place at the entry point and not in any other part of the Club House.”

 

Modupe said Gajja, without knowing the subject of the debate, proceeded to charge at him to put on his mask.

 

 “In reply to his crude and unethical manner, I told him to f**k off and mind his business. In gross violation of my right to privacy, he brought out his camera and started to videotape me without my consent,” Modupe continued.

 

“On his refusal to delete the photos as I demanded, I decided to hold on to his shirt in order to stop him from absconding and taking my pictures away with him.

 

“The inspector-general in his discretion decided to give me a police escort as I am at risk of being kidnapped. My photograph might end up in the hands of kidnappers or assassins that prowl the streets of Nigeria.

 

“The complainant in his letter admitted that he knew that the Club had its own CCTV. But being a busy-body [he] decided to carry out his illegal act.”

 

As of October when the response was filed, Modupe said he had commenced proceedings against the complainant at the high court for a grant of relief following the alleged breach of his constitutionally guaranteed right.

Tags: FACE-OFF BETWEEN MODUPE ALAKIJA AND IKOYI CLUB MEMBER

Related Posts

South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes
News

South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes

August 29, 2025
NIPOST: Nigerians to pay $80 custom duty for shipments to US effective August 29 
News

NIPOST: Nigerians to pay $80 custom duty for shipments to US effective August 29 

August 29, 2025
You Don’t Have Powers To Suspend LG Chairmen – AGF Fagbemi Warns Governor Okpebholo
News

You Don’t Have Powers To Suspend LG Chairmen – AGF Fagbemi Warns Governor Okpebholo

August 29, 2025
Jonathan has not pulled out of 2027 presidential race – Cousin, Azibaola
News

Jonathan has not pulled out of 2027 presidential race – Cousin, Azibaola

August 29, 2025
Warri Crisis: Senator Dafinone Calls For Calm, Urges Peaceful Resolution
News

Warri Crisis: Senator Dafinone Calls For Calm, Urges Peaceful Resolution

August 26, 2025
Abaribe Rebuts Ichita’s Allegations, Lists Bills, Projects, Democratic Struggles
News

Abaribe Rebuts Ichita’s Allegations, Lists Bills, Projects, Democratic Struggles

August 22, 2025
Next Post
BREAKING: Ooni of Ife’s wife, Olori Naomi, announces divorce from monarch

BREAKING: Ooni of Ife’s wife, Olori Naomi, announces divorce from monarch

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The Trumpet International Magazine is a real-time and comprehensive news magazine. It is an independent, national news provider for Africans, reporting daily developments and events in South Africa and other African Countries and their Citizens based in South Africa.

Categories

  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Menu
  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts

Recent Post

South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes

NIPOST: Nigerians to pay $80 custom duty for shipments to US effective August 29 

You Don’t Have Powers To Suspend LG Chairmen – AGF Fagbemi Warns Governor Okpebholo

Jonathan has not pulled out of 2027 presidential race – Cousin, Azibaola

Warri Crisis: Senator Dafinone Calls For Calm, Urges Peaceful Resolution

News
Omotayo Daranjo
South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes

Authorities in the City of Tshwane have begun

Read More »

Trumpet Magazine | © 2021.

Facebook Twitter Youtube Linkedin Instagram

Add New Playlist