• News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Menu
  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Home News

Boost For Electricity as New Firm is Set to Begin 1GW Solar PV Manufacturing Plant in Nigeria

Omotayo Daranjo by Omotayo Daranjo
December 7, 2023
in News
0
Boost For Electricity as New Firm is Set to Begin 1GW Solar PV Manufacturing Plant in Nigeria
0
SHARES
51
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Nigerian government has attracted a gigawatt Solar PV manufacturing plant. The MoU for the setting up of the plant was signed between Infracorp and Solarge BV of the Netherlands and one other. The Minister of Power, Adebayo Adelabu said Nigeria’s energy situation is critical.

Pascal Oparada has over a decade of experience covering Tech, Energy, Stocks, Investments, and Economy.

READ ALSO

South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes

NIPOST: Nigerians to pay $80 custom duty for shipments to US effective August 29 

The Nigerian government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to set up a gigawatt (1GW) Solar PV manufacturing plant in the country as part of efforts to boost electricity in Nigeria.

The Infrastructure Corporation (Infracorp) inked the agreement with Solarge BV of the Netherlands and the African Green Infrastructure Investment Bank at the last 28 sessions of the Conference of Parties (COP28) in Dubai, UAE.

Lazarus Anbgaso said the project’s objective was to revolutionize Nigeria’s energy sector and elevate the economy to $1 trillion via sustainable and climate-resilient infrastructure.

Vanguard reports that the Minister of Power, Adebayo Adelabu, said at the summit that the current power situation in Nigeria is alarming, with insufficient transmission, limited distribution capacity, and other challenges working against generation. Adelabu assured the international community that President Bola Tinubu is dedicated to fulfilling his promise, stating that enormous stress on the national grid triggers outages affecting daily lives in Nigeria.

According to the Minister, renewable energy is no longer just a future aspiration but a present necessity. Subsidy Removal:

FG begins distribution of free solar systems as electricity tariff goes up by 40 Per Cent Legit.ng reported that the Nigerian Government has begun the distribution of free solar home systems across Nigeria to ease the adverse effect of fuel subsidy removal.

The Managing Director of Rural Electrification Agency, Ahmad Salihjo, said the Nigerian Government had ordered the agency to increase the deployment of more free solar systems to homes, schools, and hospitals across Nigeria. Salihjo said the project was under the Ministry of Power’s Poverty Reduction and Growth Strategy programme. According to him, 30 such solar systems have been deployed in the Makoko community. He added that the agency had visited Ijebu-Ode in Ogun State and Osogbo in Osun State, where solar systems had been delivered to markets and agricultural hubs.

Related Posts

South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes
News

South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes

August 29, 2025
NIPOST: Nigerians to pay $80 custom duty for shipments to US effective August 29 
News

NIPOST: Nigerians to pay $80 custom duty for shipments to US effective August 29 

August 29, 2025
You Don’t Have Powers To Suspend LG Chairmen – AGF Fagbemi Warns Governor Okpebholo
News

You Don’t Have Powers To Suspend LG Chairmen – AGF Fagbemi Warns Governor Okpebholo

August 29, 2025
Jonathan has not pulled out of 2027 presidential race – Cousin, Azibaola
News

Jonathan has not pulled out of 2027 presidential race – Cousin, Azibaola

August 29, 2025
Warri Crisis: Senator Dafinone Calls For Calm, Urges Peaceful Resolution
News

Warri Crisis: Senator Dafinone Calls For Calm, Urges Peaceful Resolution

August 26, 2025
Abaribe Rebuts Ichita’s Allegations, Lists Bills, Projects, Democratic Struggles
News

Abaribe Rebuts Ichita’s Allegations, Lists Bills, Projects, Democratic Struggles

August 22, 2025
Next Post
Stefanie Kim Ladewig: Who is Victor Osimhen’s partner?

Stefanie Kim Ladewig: Who is Victor Osimhen’s partner?

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The Trumpet International Magazine is a real-time and comprehensive news magazine. It is an independent, national news provider for Africans, reporting daily developments and events in South Africa and other African Countries and their Citizens based in South Africa.

Categories

  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Menu
  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts

Recent Post

South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes

NIPOST: Nigerians to pay $80 custom duty for shipments to US effective August 29 

You Don’t Have Powers To Suspend LG Chairmen – AGF Fagbemi Warns Governor Okpebholo

Jonathan has not pulled out of 2027 presidential race – Cousin, Azibaola

Warri Crisis: Senator Dafinone Calls For Calm, Urges Peaceful Resolution

News
Omotayo Daranjo
South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes

Authorities in the City of Tshwane have begun

Read More »

Trumpet Magazine | © 2021.

Facebook Twitter Youtube Linkedin Instagram

Add New Playlist