• News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Menu
  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Home News

Dominican Republic minister shot dead in his office by childhood friend

Omotayo Daranjo by Omotayo Daranjo
June 7, 2022
in News
0
Dominican Republic minister shot dead in his office by childhood friend
0
SHARES
62
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

READ ALSO

South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes

NIPOST: Nigerians to pay $80 custom duty for shipments to US effective August 29 

The Dominican Republic’s minister of environment and natural resources has been shot and killed in his office by a close childhood friend, police in the country have said.Orlando Jorge Mera, 55, was holding a meeting at the time of the attack on Monday, June 6, and at least six shots were heard during the attack, police say.

ADominican Republic minister shot dead in his office by childhood friend presidential spokesman identified the killer as Miguel Cruz, describing him as a childhood friend of the minister.Police say Cruz is now in custody even though the motive for the shooting remains unclear as at press time.

In a statement, Jorge Mera’s family said he had been shot multiple times by a man he was friends with since childhood but that they had forgiven his killer .

“Our family forgives the person who did this. One of Orlando’s greatest legacies was to not hold grudges,” they added.Mr Jorge Mera had served in incumbent President Luis Abinader’s administration since July 2020.He was the son of former President Salvador Jorge-Blanco and a founding member of the governing Modern Revolutionary Party (PRM).He is survived by his wife who is also the Dominican ambassador to Brazil  and two sons, one of whom is also a PRM lawmaker.

Tags: BY CHILDHOOD FRIENDDOMINICAN REPUBLIC MINISTER SHOT DEAD

Related Posts

South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes
News

South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes

August 29, 2025
NIPOST: Nigerians to pay $80 custom duty for shipments to US effective August 29 
News

NIPOST: Nigerians to pay $80 custom duty for shipments to US effective August 29 

August 29, 2025
You Don’t Have Powers To Suspend LG Chairmen – AGF Fagbemi Warns Governor Okpebholo
News

You Don’t Have Powers To Suspend LG Chairmen – AGF Fagbemi Warns Governor Okpebholo

August 29, 2025
Jonathan has not pulled out of 2027 presidential race – Cousin, Azibaola
News

Jonathan has not pulled out of 2027 presidential race – Cousin, Azibaola

August 29, 2025
Warri Crisis: Senator Dafinone Calls For Calm, Urges Peaceful Resolution
News

Warri Crisis: Senator Dafinone Calls For Calm, Urges Peaceful Resolution

August 26, 2025
Abaribe Rebuts Ichita’s Allegations, Lists Bills, Projects, Democratic Struggles
News

Abaribe Rebuts Ichita’s Allegations, Lists Bills, Projects, Democratic Struggles

August 22, 2025
Next Post
The Nigeria Police Force (NPF) says the gunmen who attacked a Catholic church in Owo, Ondo state, escaped the scene of the incident using …

The Nigeria Police Force (NPF) says the gunmen who attacked a Catholic church in Owo, Ondo state, escaped the scene of the incident using ...

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The Trumpet International Magazine is a real-time and comprehensive news magazine. It is an independent, national news provider for Africans, reporting daily developments and events in South Africa and other African Countries and their Citizens based in South Africa.

Categories

  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Menu
  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts

Recent Post

South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes

NIPOST: Nigerians to pay $80 custom duty for shipments to US effective August 29 

You Don’t Have Powers To Suspend LG Chairmen – AGF Fagbemi Warns Governor Okpebholo

Jonathan has not pulled out of 2027 presidential race – Cousin, Azibaola

Warri Crisis: Senator Dafinone Calls For Calm, Urges Peaceful Resolution

News
Omotayo Daranjo
South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes

Authorities in the City of Tshwane have begun

Read More »

Trumpet Magazine | © 2021.

Facebook Twitter Youtube Linkedin Instagram

Add New Playlist