• News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Menu
  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Home News

Former spy boss Arthur Fraser claims he has evidence that Ramaphosa ‘concealed a crime’

Omotayo Daranjo by Omotayo Daranjo
June 2, 2022
in News
0
Former spy boss Arthur Fraser claims he has evidence that Ramaphosa ‘concealed a crime’
0
SHARES
12
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

READ ALSO

South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes

NIPOST: Nigerians to pay $80 custom duty for shipments to US effective August 29 

  • Former spy boss Arthur Fraser has opened a criminal case against President Cyril Ramaphosa.
  • According to a statement circulating on social media, the complaint relates to alleged theft of “in excess of $4 million”.
  • Fraser alleges he has provided evidence to police.

Former State Security Agency (SSA) director-general Arthur Fraser has opened a criminal case against President Cyril Ramaphosa.

Fraser’s attorney, Eric Mabuza, confirmed to News24 on Wednesday his client went to Rosebank police station to open the case.

A statement widely circulated on social media on Wednesday afternoon, issued in Fraser’s name, stated the complaint related to the alleged theft of “in excess of four million US dollars” from Ramaphosa’s farm in Limpopo.

Fraser alleged he had provided police with evidence showing Ramaphosa “concealed the crime” from them and the suspects had been kidnapped and interrogated.

Former spy boss Arthur Fraser claims he has evidence that Ramaphosa ‘concealed a crime’

The statement said the “burglary took place on 9 February 2020”.

“The details of the charges and the supporting evidence, including photographs, bank accounts, video footage and names, are contained in my statement filed with the Rosebank police station,” the statement read.

Most recently, Fraser was the national commissioner of the Department of Correctional Services.

READ | Zuma medical parole appeal set for August

Immediately prior to his contract lapsing, he was responsible for authorising the release on parole of former president Jacob Zuma in September 2021.  

Zuma was handed a 15-month prison sentence for contempt of the Constitutional Court but spent just two months in prison.

Fraser told the courts he feared further unrest, such as what had taken place in July 2021 after Zuma was jailed.

The Gauteng High Court in Pretoria ruled in December that Fraser’s decision was unlawful and ordered that Zuma should return to prison.

Fraser, who described the decision to lay charges against Ramaphosa as unprecedented in his statement, previously applied to the State Capture Inquiry for the declassification of the SSA files relating to the president.

His move comes as a sweeping forensic investigation into malfeasance at the SSA, by Ligwa Advisory Services, gets underway.

Ramaphosa’s spokesperson, Vincent Magwenya, did not immediately respond to calls seeking the president’s comment.

 
 
WATCH | Former spy boss Arthur Fraser’s application to cross-examine certain witnesses dismissed
Acting Chief Justice Raymond Zondo dismissed former spy boss Arthur Fraser’s application to cross-examine certain witnesses at the commission of inquiry into state capture on Wednesday.

 


 

Tags: ramaphosa concealed a crime

Related Posts

South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes
News

South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes

August 29, 2025
NIPOST: Nigerians to pay $80 custom duty for shipments to US effective August 29 
News

NIPOST: Nigerians to pay $80 custom duty for shipments to US effective August 29 

August 29, 2025
You Don’t Have Powers To Suspend LG Chairmen – AGF Fagbemi Warns Governor Okpebholo
News

You Don’t Have Powers To Suspend LG Chairmen – AGF Fagbemi Warns Governor Okpebholo

August 29, 2025
Jonathan has not pulled out of 2027 presidential race – Cousin, Azibaola
News

Jonathan has not pulled out of 2027 presidential race – Cousin, Azibaola

August 29, 2025
Warri Crisis: Senator Dafinone Calls For Calm, Urges Peaceful Resolution
News

Warri Crisis: Senator Dafinone Calls For Calm, Urges Peaceful Resolution

August 26, 2025
Abaribe Rebuts Ichita’s Allegations, Lists Bills, Projects, Democratic Struggles
News

Abaribe Rebuts Ichita’s Allegations, Lists Bills, Projects, Democratic Struggles

August 22, 2025
Next Post
Actor Sam Ajibola Replies Those Who Said His Son Looks like Obasanjo

Actor Sam Ajibola Replies Those Who Said His Son Looks like Obasanjo

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The Trumpet International Magazine is a real-time and comprehensive news magazine. It is an independent, national news provider for Africans, reporting daily developments and events in South Africa and other African Countries and their Citizens based in South Africa.

Categories

  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Menu
  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts

Recent Post

South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes

NIPOST: Nigerians to pay $80 custom duty for shipments to US effective August 29 

You Don’t Have Powers To Suspend LG Chairmen – AGF Fagbemi Warns Governor Okpebholo

Jonathan has not pulled out of 2027 presidential race – Cousin, Azibaola

Warri Crisis: Senator Dafinone Calls For Calm, Urges Peaceful Resolution

News
Omotayo Daranjo
South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes

Authorities in the City of Tshwane have begun

Read More »

Trumpet Magazine | © 2021.

Facebook Twitter Youtube Linkedin Instagram

Add New Playlist