• News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Menu
  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Home News

Tinubu, Atiku’s war gets messier

Fatima OLUWAKEMI-SAKA by Fatima OLUWAKEMI-SAKA
January 31, 2024
in News
0
Tinubu, Atiku’s war gets messier
0
SHARES
26
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

*Presidency says Atiku’s comments on president reckless, cheap politics 

*Insists Tinubu’s foreign trips are to boost economic recovery

READ ALSO

South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes

NIPOST: Nigerians to pay $80 custom duty for shipments to US effective August 29 

Aso Rock has described as reckless the comments by former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar accusing President Bola Ahmed Tinubu of fiddling amidst some security and economic challenges Nigeria is facing.

The comment came as Tinubu continues his private visit to France from where he is expected come back to the country later in the week.

A press statement Tuesday by the Special Adviser to the President on Information & Strategy, Bayo Onanuga, recalled that Atiku’s latest comment came days after “he made an equally reckless allegation against the President on the crude for loan deal for NNPC Limited”.

Saying that the latest comment from the presidential candidate of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) fell short of what is expected from an elder statesman, Onanuga declared that “we like to believe that Alhaji Atiku is still not nursing hangover of his electoral defeat and now latches on any issue to attack President Tinubu. 

The presidential aide insisted that Tinubu has actually been on top of economic and security issues as they unfold back home while in France.

According to Onanuga: “President Tinubu did not travel without informing Nigerians of his whereabout. He announced a private visit to France and announced a return date. 

“While in France, President Tinubu has been following developments at home and he is on top of the situation in the country. 

“Today’s inauguration of the Tripartite Committee on National Minimum wage bore his imprimatur.

“He is in constant touch with his officials and security chiefs and has directed them to stamp out every form of criminality in the country.

“He has particularly ordered them to apprehend those criminals responsible for the murder of two monarchs in Ekiti State and the kidnapping of some pupils in the state.

“We are already seeing results with the arrest of over 139 kidnappers around Abuja, Kaduna and Benue States in the last one week. 

“The police Special Intervention Squad (SIS) and DSS have also rescued 154 abducted persons in the last few days. 

“Just last week President Tinubu approved N50billion as Special Fund to address some of the lingering security challenges in North-East where Alhaji Atiku hails from. 

“To cope with the kidnapping challenges in the FCT, President Tinubu also approved funds for the acquisition of equipment to track criminals. 

“If Alhaji Atiku is really concerned about security issues and not playing cheap politics, he should have known that President Tinubu is on top of issues and working hard to restore peace to every part of our country.

“Our security agencies are working very hard to bring the security situation under control. President Tinubu is giving them all the necessary support they need to win the battle against criminal elements and secure every inch of our country,” Onanuga said.

Related Posts

South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes
News

South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes

August 29, 2025
NIPOST: Nigerians to pay $80 custom duty for shipments to US effective August 29 
News

NIPOST: Nigerians to pay $80 custom duty for shipments to US effective August 29 

August 29, 2025
You Don’t Have Powers To Suspend LG Chairmen – AGF Fagbemi Warns Governor Okpebholo
News

You Don’t Have Powers To Suspend LG Chairmen – AGF Fagbemi Warns Governor Okpebholo

August 29, 2025
Jonathan has not pulled out of 2027 presidential race – Cousin, Azibaola
News

Jonathan has not pulled out of 2027 presidential race – Cousin, Azibaola

August 29, 2025
Warri Crisis: Senator Dafinone Calls For Calm, Urges Peaceful Resolution
News

Warri Crisis: Senator Dafinone Calls For Calm, Urges Peaceful Resolution

August 26, 2025
Abaribe Rebuts Ichita’s Allegations, Lists Bills, Projects, Democratic Struggles
News

Abaribe Rebuts Ichita’s Allegations, Lists Bills, Projects, Democratic Struggles

August 22, 2025
Next Post
How suspected kidnapper offered our officers N8.5 million bribe – Police

How suspected kidnapper offered our officers N8.5 million bribe – Police

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The Trumpet International Magazine is a real-time and comprehensive news magazine. It is an independent, national news provider for Africans, reporting daily developments and events in South Africa and other African Countries and their Citizens based in South Africa.

Categories

  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Menu
  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts

Recent Post

South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes

NIPOST: Nigerians to pay $80 custom duty for shipments to US effective August 29 

You Don’t Have Powers To Suspend LG Chairmen – AGF Fagbemi Warns Governor Okpebholo

Jonathan has not pulled out of 2027 presidential race – Cousin, Azibaola

Warri Crisis: Senator Dafinone Calls For Calm, Urges Peaceful Resolution

News
Omotayo Daranjo
South Africa demolishes Nigerian developer’s high-rise complexes

Authorities in the City of Tshwane have begun

Read More »

Trumpet Magazine | © 2021.

Facebook Twitter Youtube Linkedin Instagram

Add New Playlist