• News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Menu
  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Home News

How troops rescued Nabeeha’s sisters, other Abuja kidnap victims

Fatima OLUWAKEMI-SAKA by Fatima OLUWAKEMI-SAKA
January 22, 2024
in News
0
How troops rescued Nabeeha’s sisters, other Abuja kidnap victims
0
SHARES
65
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

More details of how 12 kidnapped victims at the Zuma 1 area of Bwari Area Council on January 2 were rescued by troops of the Nigerian Army, the joint security team on Saturday night from the hands of deadly armed bandits have emerged.

The FCT Police Command in a statement by SP Josephine Adeh said: “The operatives successfully rescued the victims around Kajuru forest in Kaduna State at about 11:30 pm on Saturday, January 20, 2024.

READ ALSO

No more discord with Fubara – Nyesom Wike says after President Tinubu’s recent intervention

US To Deport Invictus Obi And 17 More Nigerians On Criminal List

It will be recalled that suspected bandits on January 2 and 3 attacked the Zuma community in Bwari Area Council of the FCT injuring two policemen and kidnapping about 10 persons including a father, Mansoor Kadriyar and his six children, all girls.
During the attack, the victims quickly alerted a middle-aged man identified as Alhaji, who mobilised policemen to try and foil the kidnapping of the seven family members and others, but he was shot by the bandits.

Two policemen were injured before the bandits made away with the victims.

Subsequently, the bandits demanded a ransom of N60 million and killed the eldest daughter, Nabeeha, owing to the delay in paying the ransom and later increased the ransom to N100 million.

Another three persons had earlier been kidnapped by bandits in the Barangoni area and also in the Bwari area council after inflicting a gunshot injury on a vigilante during the incident.

According to the statement, “CP Haruna Garba appreciated the Inspector General of Police, IGP Olukayode Egbetokun for the deployment of the newly commissioned Special Intervention Squad, which has given an uplift to the existing security architecture of the FCT.

But, a counter-terrorism/insurgency expert privy to military operations, Zagazola Makama said: “The operation, which took place on January 20, was carried out by the Nigerian Army’s 197 Special Forces Battalion.

“Troops involved in the operation have provided a comprehensive account backed with pictorial evidence embedded with coordinate data of the rescue mission near Gurara Dam in Kachia LGA, which was based on intelligence received at 2200 hours (10 pm)
He said the troops swiftly responded and located 12 individuals — three adult females, two female children, and seven male children — who had been left by their captors.

“The army’s intervention was prompt and precise, with the military personnel dominating the area and ensuring the safety of the rescued parties.

Related Posts

No more discord with Fubara – Nyesom Wike says after President Tinubu’s recent intervention
News

No more discord with Fubara – Nyesom Wike says after President Tinubu’s recent intervention

February 11, 2026
US To Deport Invictus Obi And 17 More Nigerians On Criminal List
News

US To Deport Invictus Obi And 17 More Nigerians On Criminal List

February 11, 2026
2026 Budget Defence: Senate Applauds Health Ministry’s Wide-Ranging Performance
News

2026 Budget Defence: Senate Applauds Health Ministry’s Wide-Ranging Performance

February 7, 2026
“Do you pay tax? Yet you want world-class health care” – Reno Omokri addresses Nigerians who blame government for every tragedy
News

“Do you pay tax? Yet you want world-class health care” – Reno Omokri addresses Nigerians who blame government for every tragedy

February 5, 2026
You can’t be a judge in your own case, Presidency told
News

2027: Serving, former LG councillors to mobilize Nigerians for Tinubu’s second term

February 5, 2026
Epstein wanted to trade in Nigeria’s crude oil, but feared being defrauded
News

Epstein wanted to trade in Nigeria’s crude oil, but feared being defrauded

February 5, 2026
Next Post
Nigerians abroad: Echegini scores first Juventus goal; Ejuke, Ilenikhena star in big Antwerp win

Nigerians abroad: Echegini scores first Juventus goal; Ejuke, Ilenikhena star in big Antwerp win

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The Trumpet International Magazine is a real-time and comprehensive news magazine. It is an independent, national news provider for Africans, reporting daily developments and events in South Africa and other African Countries and their Citizens based in South Africa.

Categories

  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Menu
  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts

Recent Post

No more discord with Fubara – Nyesom Wike says after President Tinubu’s recent intervention

Man.United icon Rio Ferdinand reveals he is using wheelchair due to back injuries from his football career

US To Deport Invictus Obi And 17 More Nigerians On Criminal List

Former ADC national woman leader, Kayauta Yakubu, officialy received in APC

2026 Budget Defence: Senate Applauds Health Ministry’s Wide-Ranging Performance

News
Omotayo Daranjo
No more discord with Fubara – Nyesom Wike says after President Tinubu’s recent intervention

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT),

Read More »

Trumpet Magazine | © 2021.

Facebook Twitter Youtube Linkedin Instagram

Add New Playlist