• News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Menu
  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Home News

18-year-old student wins $1million lottery after buying $10 scratch card

Fatima OLUWAKEMI-SAKA by Fatima OLUWAKEMI-SAKA
May 28, 2024
in News
0
18-year-old student wins $1million lottery after buying $10 scratch card
0
SHARES
43
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

An American teenager is now a millionaire after winning $1million lottery

Jalen McLean, 18, won the jackpot after his sibling, Dasha Silas, bought the Jumbo Bucks ticket on his behalf on May 21.

READ ALSO

No more discord with Fubara – Nyesom Wike says after President Tinubu’s recent intervention

US To Deport Invictus Obi And 17 More Nigerians On Criminal List

‘He had a huge smile on his face. Like so big it looked like the movie character Venom,’ Silas told NC Education Lottery officials.

According to FOX 8, Silas purchased the ticket from Valero in Fayetteville later that night and watched her brother scratch it off.

McLean, the youngest of five siblings, gave his ticket to North Carolina Education Lottery officials and collected some of his winnings on May 22.

Although McLean requested that his sister buy him a scratch card, she was the one who decided to purchase the Jumbo Bucks ticket from the Valero on South McPherson Church Road.

The Jumbo Bucks tickets were first released on June 6, 2023, and its top prize is $1 million.

According to the NC Education Lottery website, the rules of the game are to match the scratched-off numbers with the winning numbers.

Ticket purchasers who get a 10X symbol win 10 times the prize shown for it.

McLean told NC Education Lottery officials that he feels like ‘the luckiest guy in the universe.’ 

‘How many 18-year-olds win something like this?,’ he added.

The new millionaire had the choice to walk away with $600,000 or receive his prize as an annuity of $50,000 for 20 years.  

The NC Education Lottery news release confirmed that McLean had decided to choose the yearly annuity.

It means the 18-year-old will receive $50,000 every year until his entire $1 million cash prize is paid.

Based on the annuity terms, McLean will likely receive a yearly $50,000 check until he turns 38.

He still managed to leave the NC Education Lottery headquarters on May 22 with the first payment, which after required state and federal tax withholdings, came out to $35,753.

McLean has yet to reveal everything he plans to do with the entire $1 million, but so far, he will be using some of the cash prize to buy an Audi.

Related Posts

No more discord with Fubara – Nyesom Wike says after President Tinubu’s recent intervention
News

No more discord with Fubara – Nyesom Wike says after President Tinubu’s recent intervention

February 11, 2026
US To Deport Invictus Obi And 17 More Nigerians On Criminal List
News

US To Deport Invictus Obi And 17 More Nigerians On Criminal List

February 11, 2026
2026 Budget Defence: Senate Applauds Health Ministry’s Wide-Ranging Performance
News

2026 Budget Defence: Senate Applauds Health Ministry’s Wide-Ranging Performance

February 7, 2026
“Do you pay tax? Yet you want world-class health care” – Reno Omokri addresses Nigerians who blame government for every tragedy
News

“Do you pay tax? Yet you want world-class health care” – Reno Omokri addresses Nigerians who blame government for every tragedy

February 5, 2026
You can’t be a judge in your own case, Presidency told
News

2027: Serving, former LG councillors to mobilize Nigerians for Tinubu’s second term

February 5, 2026
Epstein wanted to trade in Nigeria’s crude oil, but feared being defrauded
News

Epstein wanted to trade in Nigeria’s crude oil, but feared being defrauded

February 5, 2026
Next Post
S/South governors laud Tinubu over Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway project

One Year In, Tinubu's Reforms Bring Pains and Gains for Nigeria

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The Trumpet International Magazine is a real-time and comprehensive news magazine. It is an independent, national news provider for Africans, reporting daily developments and events in South Africa and other African Countries and their Citizens based in South Africa.

Categories

  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Menu
  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts

Recent Post

No more discord with Fubara – Nyesom Wike says after President Tinubu’s recent intervention

Man.United icon Rio Ferdinand reveals he is using wheelchair due to back injuries from his football career

US To Deport Invictus Obi And 17 More Nigerians On Criminal List

Former ADC national woman leader, Kayauta Yakubu, officialy received in APC

2026 Budget Defence: Senate Applauds Health Ministry’s Wide-Ranging Performance

News
Omotayo Daranjo
No more discord with Fubara – Nyesom Wike says after President Tinubu’s recent intervention

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT),

Read More »

Trumpet Magazine | © 2021.

Facebook Twitter Youtube Linkedin Instagram

Add New Playlist